Part Time Housing Management Worker - Birmingham
JOB TITLE: PART TIME HOUSING MANAGEMENT WORKER
REPORTS TO: SERVICE MANAGER - HOUSING MANAGEMENT SERVICES
HOURS: 18.75 HOURS PER WEEK (PART TIME)
SALARY: SCALE 5, POINTS 22-25, £19,370 - £21,244 PER ANNUM
BASED FROM: ST BASILS, SANDWELL PROJECT
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 28TH JULY 2017
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To ensure that a range of housing management services are provided to young people. This will include paying rent, reporting repairs supporting Youth Engagement Services, claiming benefits, maximizing income, ensuring Welfare Reform compliance, budgeting, grants and debt management. Ensuring that Health and Safety is not compromised in any way. Overall to assist young people in achieving their aspirations and a successful transition to adulthood.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL
- Experience of working with young people in any of the following settings: Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation/Criminal justice, Community Work, Education and Training, Housing or Support Work.
- NVQ 3 (Care, Advice and Guidance or other relevant/equivalent qualification).
- Experience of supervising volunteers or students.
- Up to date knowledge of welfare rights, resources etc.
- Able to understand the difference between friendship and support.
- Able to carry out calculations in order to calculate figures, budget costs, monitor budgets
- Able to advise young people on welfare rights and available resources and how to access them.
Please note: CVs and Handwritten Application Forms are not accepted
Interviews will be held on Thursday 3rd August 2017
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.