Technical Field Engineer
Role: Technical Field Engineer
Location: UK Wide
Role type: Permanent
Salary: £25K + 28 Days Paid Holiday, Pension, Company Car, Phone and iPad
Start date: ASAP – 4 Weeks
Our Client is a fast-growing South East based organisation specialising in state-of-the-art digital x-ray and 3D medical equipment. They are suppliers to private clinics and major hospitals across the UK, providing apparatus produced by world-renowned firms within the medical and dental industry.
We require a Technical Field Engineer to be responsible for the installing, maintaining and troubleshooting of digital x-ray equipment for some of the largest private and NHS hospitals across the UK. This role also entails providing support at trade exhibitions and other areas of the business when required.
- Installation of new equipment, as well as maintenance and servicing to ensure that it is safe, reliable and compliant with current legislation.
- Inspecting, testing, evaluating, fault finding and re-testing machinery when required.
- Using computer-aided design/ modelling software.
- Providing technical advice and support.
- Writing reports, job sheets and documentation.
- Nationwide travel to customers, some involving overnight stays.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Undertaking relevant training and research to ensure skillset remains up to date.
- Analysing and interpreting data.
- Maintaining and planning future upgrades of internal IT & VOIP systems.
- Providing remote support to customers.
- Keeping equipment operational by following the manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
- Organising Critical Examinations with outside agencies, proof reading reports before signing and forwarding to customer.
- Completing and actioning any problems on monthly vehicle checklist.
- Cleaning and checking company vehicle as required.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in an Engineering role.
- Team-working skills, commercial awareness and interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Full U.K driving license.
- Flexibility to work overtime and stay away from home when needed.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 & 10, Server 2008 & 2012.
- Understanding of networking & IP Addresses.
- Knowledge and understanding of Anti-Virus and Firewall set up.
- Use of Power tools.
- Previous experience working within the Medical or Dental industry.
- Experience installing and maintaining Medical or Dental specific machinery.
- Engineering or other similar degree.
- Relevant electrical engineering certifications.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Technical Field Engineer role then please apply now!