Radar Test Development Engineer
A Radar Test Development Engineer with experience developing robust test procedures for electronics hardware is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading international automotive company based in the Birmingham area.
The role is offering a salary up to £42,000 per annum based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a leading automotive technology company that specialises in the design and manufacture of complex, mechatronic, advanced vehicle safety systems.
- Develop test equipment for radar hardware test in CV/DV/PV - this will be a combination of 3rd party tools and in-house developed tools
- Validate test systems to demonstrate repeatable performance
- Write documentation and user instructions and train test engineers
- Support troubleshooting of existing radar test equipment and provide support in testing
- Improve and develop test facilities for static testing of radars
Skills / Experience Required
- University Degree in Electronics Engineering or Software Engineering
- Hold experience in Embedded software development using C
- Thorough knowledge of Vector test tools (CANalyser/CANape/Canoe) including CAPL programming
- Knowledge of automotive communication prototols (CAN/Flexray/AutoEthernet) and communications protocol knowledge (Ethernet (TCP IP Stack), USB, CAN, CCP)
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written) and ability to undertake occasional travel abroad
Pension Plan, Dental Health Plan, Life Insurance Policy, 25 Days Holiday, Flexible Working Hours,
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Stuart Higgins on +44 (0) or email
Keywords: Radar automotive safety test development Embedded software CV DV PV Vector CANalyser CANape Canoe CAPL communication protocols CAN Flexray AutoEthernet Ethernet TCP IP TCP/IP USB CCP