We are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer working for a large manufacturing company based in Warwick on a permanent basis. This is a well establish company who have been in business for over 70 years. The Quality Engineer will be required to work Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 4:15pm and an early finish on a Friday. The salary for this position is £35,000.
Main duties for the Quality Engineer:
- Performs product or process troubleshooting as necessary, assist direct personnel with same. Interfaces with Design Engineering, Manufacturing
- Purchasing or other groups on issues pertaining to product acceptance or rejection.
- Run NCN system and ensure maintenance of the system.
- Raise 8Ds on Supply base for any non-conformances (internal customers and external customers - Follow up to obtain responses in a timely manner) and ensure effective & timely closure.
- Carry out in house containment activities, manage quarantine and logs accordingly
- Communications with supply base and ensure compliance to customer requirements
- Lead in the analysis and disposition of non-conforming material. Work using a PDCA structure seeking real root cause, implement/verify corrective actions and read across lessons learnt.
- Set up a standard work routine to align to preventative as opposed to reactive actions.
- Observe and analyse current methods, processes and make recommendations to bring about improved process/product quality, work simplification and cost reduction.
- Using input from field data/customers and internal non-conforming material as well as other pertinent sources regarding product quality, develop and implement plans to control and monitor quality improvements.
- Work with plant resources to meet monthly and annual key metrics.
- Liaise with all suppliers and customers at all levels building strong key relationships.
- Draft, advise and implement quality standards, process and procedures throughout the organisation ensuring quality improvements
- Contribute and advise on calibration, tolerances and test parameters.
- Manage inspection and testing methods and procedures
- Preparation of all quality reports and proposals providing recommendations wherever necessary
- To impart and establish external quality systems/checks prior to delivery
- Implement continuous improvements through setting KPI’s and data management
- Adhoc as required.
- CQI level 5 qualification in quality or equivalent
- Qualification in Engineering at level 4 or above
- Familiar with auditing procedures
Strong working knowledge and understanding of Quality Standards.
- Problem Solving Skills within an engineering environment
- Detailed knowledge of inspection, metrology and Quality methodology
- Good general engineering knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance framework
- Good understanding of industry relevant quality processes and procedures
If you are interested in the role please click APPLY!
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!"