Apprentice Chef - Harvester - Bell and Barge - Warwickshire
A Fantastic Opportunity:
Chef apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their Hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12 month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position, at Harvester.
As a Chef Apprentice, you're an essential cog to the running of the restaurant, pub or bar, so we are looking for applicants whom are passionate about working their way up within a professional kitchen and delivering the best possible customer-experience.
To prepare and cook food quickly and efficiently and support the running of the kitchen, with the key aim of delivering quality food and service to our guests to brand specification and within brand standard timings.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run a busy section within a professional kitchen
• Experience different avenues, work your way up to be able to manage different elements of working in a kitchen
• Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
• Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
• Supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed, by using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy
• Work safely around kitchen equipment
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
16-17 years old - £4.00 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.00 an hour
21+ years old - £6.00 an hour
Personal Qualities :
• Keen to develop your skills in the Hospitality sector
• An enthusiasm to learn
• A smart and tidy appearance
• Ability to seek assistance when dealing with demanding customers
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a MUST in any Hospitality role
Skills Required :
• Pride in delivering excellent customer service
• Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication and listening skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
• Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
Future Prospects :
On-going training and development encouraged by the employer which will give the applicant the opportunity to move on to a full time job.
Training to be Provided :
All learners will need to achieve the following: Functional Skills in English L1/L2
• Functional Skills in Maths L1/L2 LAO
• Food Production and Cooking Level 2 Diploma
• Level 2 Certificate in Food Production and Cooking
Other Information :
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
• Instant Cineworld tickets for £5.50
• 10% discount at Costa and Cafe Nero
• 10% discount at Topshop.
• Refer a friend and receive up to 1k!
• 33% meals at any M&B sites (+5 guests – Use as often as you like)
• Pension scheme
• Dental plan
• Become a shareholder (after 1 year employment)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• A range of benefits are available by registering at www.pickaperk.co.uk (Register with employee ID)
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
Things to consider :
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)..
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75161611