Freight Operations Coordinator
Our Client, a multi-national freight forwarder, has a vacancy for an Air and Sea Freight Operations Executive at their location in Redditch, Worcestershire. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a company that is rapidly expanding and offers excellent progression within the business.
It requires the jobholder to manage the day to day Airfreight and Trailer freight activities and all of the related administration. To build relationships with Potential and Existing clients and ensure that a high standard of customer care is prevalent at all times.
* Managing the day to day export and import bookings of Worldwide air and European road freight shipments.
* Raising job files and all of the appropriate paperwork.
* Processing the jobs utilising the Fast Freight software system.
* Customs entries using the NES System.
* Extensive client liaison both written (email) and verbal (telephone).
* Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
* Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service status information.
* Invoicing jobs on completion.
Experience / skills required
* Air and or Road freight operations experience, ideally with an export bias.
* Customer service experience with the ability to build strong relations.
* Experience of calculating freight quotations.
* Negotiating skills to maximise gross profit.
* Strong organisational and administration skills.
* Good IT Skills.
Working as part of a team you will organise the air freight and Trailer freight operations for all Export and Import Airfreight and Trailer freight bookings. You will be responsible for the day to day smooth running of the Airfreight and Trailer freight cycle to ensure that all collections and deliveries are being efficiently processed and that consignments are checked throughout their transit to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled..
In order to apply for this role you will have experience from Airfreight and/or Trailer Operations. Freight Forwarding Experience, you will be commercially aware, able to work under pressure and prioritise workload.