Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; Trade Secret in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Reporting to the Engineering & Facilities Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance of all process plant, machinery and services throughout the site, with particular emphasis on improvement and Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Work in partnership with the site management team to identify, resolve and communicate issues impacting on production, Health & Safety, Risk Management and future opportunities
- Conduct all relevant inspections and testing to comply with Company Health & Safety Policy and Insurers’ requirements
- Work in partnership with the Continuous Improvement Team to assess the feasibility of recommendations and to facilitate implementation of new initiatives.
- Identify and maximise opportunities to make cost savings, including energy usage
- Ensure site Health and Safety standards are upheld to legislative and Company standards and play an integral role within the site Health and Safety Committee.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A recognised apprenticeship or suitable training record will be required.
- Experience and qualifications in Electrical and Mechanical disciplines with IEE 16th / 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- PLC knowledge is an advantage
- Experience with conveyors and bailing machines is an advantage.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Must be methodical, responsive, highly organized and be able to work on initiative
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.