£40-45,000 + 10% Bonus + 6% Pension + BUPA + 27 Holidays
Working in partnership with Seymour John, our client an acquisitive and ambitious UK arm of a global empire. The business has willingness and capacity to support commercial opportunities, but it is also required to be relentless in its drive for efficiency in order to succeed in a highly competitive marketplace. The business is populated by professional, high quality people, is extremely forward looking and can offer excellent scope for career progression and diversification. The environment is challenging, dynamic, and full of opportunities for personal development.
- Deliver reporting and planning for the Executive to provide an accurate picture of business performance and inform their decision making.
- Outputs in detail will include:
- Quarterly line of business profitability and Earned Value Management reporting.
- Calculation of income.
- Asset test.
- Five year planning.
- Going Concern modelling.
- Production of monthly service company accounts including P&L, B/S and Cashflow forecast.
- Production of quarterly Board Reports including interpretation of results and forecast, actionable commentary and making recommendations for the Board.
- Production of other ad hoc Board Papers in relation to focus areas.
- Ownership of the expenses component of the Solvency II model.
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes.
- Challenge the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported and embed a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
- Improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecastingtool and group submission tool).
- Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders, that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement.
- Apply subject matter expertise within Finance, through appropriate engagement with stakeholders to drive long term improvement to operational models.
- Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals at all levels.
- Management of direct and indirect staff in order to deliver great service.
- Improve team effectiveness through gap analysis, coordinating delivery of objectives, challenging as appropriate and inspiring the team to deliver continuous improvement.
- Understand and manage the Risk and Control framework, applying finance knowledgeto ensure departmental risks are evaluated, measured, and mitigated.
- Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts.
What we are looking for:
- Preferably a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or with highly relevant experience.
- Communicates effectively with audience to achieve buy in, including written and oral presentation, engaging internal customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and engaging others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritisation skills
- Leadership skills within staff management, task management and process improvement.
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Experience of system interrogation