Logistics Manager - Relocate to Cardiff
Would you consider relocating to Cardiff, South Wales? If so this might be the perfect position for you. For the right person, we can offer a generous TAX-FREE relocation package. Wales has some of the lowest living costs in the UK and the population enjoy a high standard of living.
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM IN c18 MONTHS! The company are a leading manufacturing company who has invested over £100M in South Wales during the last ten years. They are one of the world leaders in their field and are a very stable employer. Currently looking to recruit an experienced Logistics Manager with a view of the person taking on a more senior management position in around 18 months. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from the incumbent senior logistics manager during this 18-month period.
As the Logistics Manager, you will be required to plan, direct, and monitor all supply and logistics activities to ensure a cost-effective flow of merchandise from suppliers to customers. As the Logistics Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximise the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organisation's supply chain.
- Leading, directing, and controlling all supply and logistics policies, procedures, and activities to maximise the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organisation's supply chain.
- Developing and implementing supply and logistics plans, schedules and procedures; allocating labour and capital resources to meet targets
- Evaluating, negotiating, and managing the most complex or strategically important supplier and vendor relationships to secure terms that are in the organisation's best interest.
- Selecting, and managing ongoing relationships with, major suppliers, vendors, or subcontractors to minimise costs and ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Leading, directing, evaluating and developing supply and logistics staff to ensure that resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Directing and controlling logistics activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing material goods
- Ensuring that incoming material is inspected for conformity with order specifications and checked for defects.
- Developing and recommending improvements in logistics practices to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs.
- Managing the logistics staff & contractor activities in line with their service agreements to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met
To be a successful Logistics Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Must have Logistics Management (transport and warehouse management) experience within manufacturing
- Must have strong people management skills
- Must be educated to degree level or higher
In return, the Logistics Manager will receive a salary of between £50,000 to £55,000 in addition to a bonus of up to 30%, pension and healthcare. Upon promotion to the senior management team, you will gain a generous car allowance.
If you wish to be considered for this role, then please click the apply button.
By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database. NOTE we will NOT present your details to any client without speaking to you and seeking verbal consent first.