Teacher of the Deaf
Teacher of the Deaf
ITN Mark Education is seeking to appoint a Teacher of the Deaf on behalf of a 'Good' Ofsted rated Special School based in North Birmingham. The role is to start immediately and is part time.
This is a Birmingham Special School based in North Birmingham for pupils ages 2 - 11. All students attending this service have special educational needs around Hearing Impairment and deafness and the school is purpose built around these needs. The school is equipped with specialist software and materials and all children are taught British Sign Language. There is a strong commitment to realising and celebrating the potential of Deaf bilingual pupils.
The school is looking for qualified teachers who can communicate with the deaf and hard of hearing through recognised methods such as BSL level 3 (minimum requirement), PECs and Makaton (desired).
We are looking for a Teacher of the Deaf with strong classroom management skills to maintain a high standard of teaching levels in order to meet and exceed teaching and learning targets. You will need to be a resourceful and creative in your teaching approach with inventive, differentiated work as well as having excellent time management skills.
Successful Teachers/Instructors must have:
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Relevant experience of Teaching in SEN schools
- Promote equal opportunities in the classroom
- Extensive subject knowledge
- Think and plan strategically
- Commitment to learning and development of pupils
- Teach at a consistently good and outstanding level
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students
- Nurturing and caring personality
Benefits of working through ITN Mark Education:
- Chance to work in one of the best Hearing Impairment and Deaf schools in the country.
- Enthusiastic and passionate teachers are very highly valued.
- Fantastic staff and support team in school.
- Weekly pay for teaching staff
- Rewards for referrals
ITN Mark Education requires all Teachers to have a fully enhanced DBS check, minimum of two references plus a face to face interview.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.