Digital Developer - IT
Reporting to the Development Manager the successful candidate will work as part of a team within an Agile environment responsible for building and supporting line of business systems supporting key business processes.
Ei Group makes extensive use of a heavily customized, on premise installations, of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 and SharePoint 2013 to support many of its key business functions including Publican Recruitment, Sales, Purchasing, Property Maintenance, Websites, Document Management and Intranet.
The developer will have the opportunity to work across our core platforms being SharePoint and Dynamics CRM along with a number of standalone web applications.
Ei Group have recently signed a new agreement with Microsoft which allows us to leverage a number of the core cloud solutions and the Development Team are actively engaged in planning a move to Dynamics 365 & Office 365.
All developers have access to MSDN and Pluralsight/Code School online learning platforms.
Who are we?
Now is an exciting time to be part of the EI Group vision; to maximise the potential of the business, our partners and our people. Our appetite for growth is backed all the way by the investment required to meet our ambitious objectives. With agreements in place with key partners such as Microsoft we are really striving to innovate with cloud technology, Dynamics 365 and SharePoint will form the core of our strategy and the move to Office 365 will really leverage our potential for collaborating with the field based teams. New technology adoption to provide a strategic advantage for the business is at the forefront of our IT strategy, underpinned with a solid framework of governance and the right team in place makes an exciting time to join us
We’ve recently outlined our key strategic objectives for the IT Department and to ensure the successful delivery of these we are looking for individuals that can help us be part of this exciting journey.
Ei Group places great importance on developing skills and potential to support our colleagues, harness talent and drive performance. We believe that our colleagues should be well rewarded for a job well done. We pair career progression with great benefit packages, with the choice of leisure club memberships through to childcare vouchers; we’re committed to providing a flexible approach to our benefits platform to reward all our employees’ needs. Training is also provided in several ways, through on the job coaching, formal training courses, e-learning, and mentoring.
- Reporting to the Development Manager the Developer will be responsible for building and supporting web based applications in line with the company’s IT strategy
- Working as part of an Agile development team you will be responsible for delivering work allocated during a sprint ensuring it is developed to a high standard
- Work closely with the team and Scum master to refine & enhance the Agile process
- Support, Maintain and upgrade existing solutions along with developing new requirements
- Reviewing and keeping up to speed with latest technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
Status: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Office based - Solihull
Reports To: Development Manager
- Competitive salary
- Holiday - 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Bonus Scheme
- Death in Service
- Share Scheme(s)
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Leisure club membership
- Free Parking and onsite catering