Financial Reporting Accountant
Alexander Daniels are currently partnering with a leading financial services organisation who are keen to recruit a Financial Reporting Accountant. They are looking for an exceptional individual who is looking to join a growing organisation and will offer a defined career path.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and other ad-hoc financial reporting on a USGAAP basis, including timely and accurate submission of Group reporting to Swiss Re and preparation of ad-hoc analysis
- Maintain USGAAP ledger and environment, including detailed understanding of the chart of accounts, to facilitate production of an accurate trial balance
- Prepare and retain high quality supporting documentation, suitable for management and auditor review
- Perform detailed review of inputs and provide appropriate challenge to ensure information is understood and accurate. Demonstrate detailed understanding of accounts under all reporting frameworks through preparation of reconciliations and performance of analytical review
- Develop relationships with key contacts in other teams (including General Ledger function, Investments, Expenses, Actuarial) and proactively manage expectations with regards to delivery of information required for financial reporting
- Liaise with other functions, including wider business, Swiss Re group, internal and external auditors, to address queries, provide insightful interpretation and satisfy audit requirements
- Ensure key controls are clearly documented in RCSA and relevant evidence is recorded and is suitable for review by senior management and internal and external audit
- Understand impact of any new or one-off transactions or changes in accounting standards to ensure that accurate financial reporting is maintained. Liaise as necessary with group accounting to ensure best practice is achieved in reporting and disclosure
Must be ACA, ACMA or ACCA qualified
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and engaging others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritisation skills
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge to improve processes.
- Strong operational financial management skills
- Strong leadership skills within staff management, task management and process improvement.
- At least 5 years' experience in a finance environment (or relevant qualification)
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Familiar with Oracle, or similar, general ledger system
- Experience of working within a controls framework and familiarity with internal and external audit procedures
- Understands the commercial environment
- Knowledge of Life and Pensions financial and regulatory environment (not essential)