BASED AT TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE
JOB SHARE BETWEEN 9.00AM AND 5.00PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY (22 HOUR WEEK)
FLEXIBILITY ON WORKING HOURS REQUIRED INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS
SALARY £21,450 PER ANNUM PRO RATA
Our client is a successful value-based organisation, established as the independent consumer champion to gather and represent the public and patient experiences of using local NHS health and local authority social care services. These services include GPs, pharmacists, hospitals and clinics, dentists, care homes and community-based care. The Company gather, analyse, and act upon the feedback collected, and use this to drive improvements in services throughout Telford and Wrekin. Feedback aids to represent the views of the local people with the commissioners and providers of the services in the design and implementation of future services and service changes.
Our client is seeking to recruit a new Engagement Manager to join the team at an exciting stage of Company change to support with future growth and development.
JOB PURPOSE - The main principles of the role to gather health and social care experiences of local people. The role involves the development of, and management responsibility for community engagement work including the Company Enter and View programme, enabling to position the Company as the lead source of 'soft intelligence' on health and social care in the borough.
Responsibilities will also include coordination of our suite of community engagement activities, in line with the organisation's strategic objectives, and to recruit, manage, and develop a team of volunteers, and collaborate when needed with other community organisation's volunteers.
- Coordinate and lead a programme of work with the community engagement volunteers to maximise the organisation's reach and its ability to capture quality feedback from local people about health and social care services
- Identify and seek opportunities to reach new audiences in accordance with Company strategies by building positive and influential relationships with representative voluntary and community organisations
- Develop the scope and impact of our volunteer programme by developing a volunteer framework, gaining and retaining the Investing in Volunteers quality mark, and overseeing volunteer recruitment and management
- Develop a plan for training volunteers as required for engagement work and joint work with partnering stakeholders
- Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of the team's work, supporting continuous development, and report for contract monitoring
- Ensure the creation and application of appropriate, robust action research based methods and tools such as surveys and focus groups
- Work with colleagues to analyse and assess feedback to develop an evidence base to inform the organisation's influencing work
- Manage volunteers in all day-to-day aspects and act as a positive role model
- Lead the Enter and View programme, developing and managing the schedule of work including the arrangements for meetings, visits and support activities, and develop future phases of the programme, with the Enter and View volunteer team
- Take action to address issues which present barriers to involvement including structural or institutional barriers, community barriers and personal barriers such as health, care of dependents, etc.
- Any other duties as required
- Several years of experience in community development particularly with diverse groups and communities and socially excluded families and individuals
- Experience in the use of varied research and engagement methodologies, including 'drop-in surgeries', focus groups, and questionnaires - in a community development context
- Experience of organising community events, public meetings, seminars, workshops and training events
- Experience of working with committees, voluntary organisations, and volunteers
- Both people and project management experience
- Experience of organising and prioritising a demanding workload
- Excellent listening, facilitating, liaison skills, and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of managing or supervising people and projects
- Experience in using and supporting digital media and research, storage, analysis and reporting IT applications, and proficient in use of computers and office productivity tools/programmes (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook, and databases)
- Knowledge of health and social care services, community development, and volunteering
- Understand Data Protection legislation and Information Governance, and manage and understand risk
- Ability to use initiative and work unsupervised; good at organising workload, meeting deadlines, and ability to manage time and prioritise activities
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, and inspire confidence to others
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Recruitment is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within the industry to which they recruit meaning we truly understand your sector firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow C2 Recruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here