Application Solution Architect - Senior
Job Title: Application Solution Architect - Senior
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Coventry, CV1 4JQ
Reports to: Manager IT Business and Hub Technologies
Competitive salary: Dependent upon experience and skills
Federal Express Corporation (FedEx Express) is the world’s largest express transportation company. Leveraging its unmatched air route authorities and extensive air/ground infrastructure, FedEx Express connects markets, within just 1 to 2 business days that comprise 90 percent of the world’s economic activity.
The FedEx Express global transportation network provides rapid, reliable, time-definite delivery of documents, packages and freight shipments worldwide. A state-of-the-art information technology network enables information-rich service offerings. More than 2.5 million customers are connected electronically with FedEx Express through its web site or customer automation systems.
You will be part of the European IT Sort Systems Development team whose team members are distributed across multiple European countries. We serve our global operational customers from Europe.
- Be able to develop in ‘C/C++’ and preferably also have experience of Java.
- Be proficient with SQL, Linux OS, Oracle, and messaging architectures such as JMS, UDP, TCP.
- Have experience of IceFaces/Angular and scanning technologies.
- Be involved with planning and rollout of EU/Global systems.
- Support global users/IT to implement developed applications.
- Work on the application architecture to enable creation of business features.
- Operate in a growing complex environment where on time delivery is critical.
- Work with FedEx partner vendors.
- Be required to travel on a limited basis, usually within Europe.
Qualifications/Experience - Minimum Requirements:
- Experienced developer.
- Good communication skills.
- Competent in explaining and supporting complex application processes.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Team focused and able to lead work.
- Experience of defining and executing test plans relating to knowledge area (preferred)
- Coaching, Mentoring and Teaching skills (Preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on large projects
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
Full training will be given along with a competitive salary and benefits package. We also offer excellent career opportunities for those who are keen to progress in a supportive 'can do' and rapidly expanding environment.
Due to the expected high volume of responses, we are unfortunately unable to respond individually to every application. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Interested? Please send your CV by pressing the apply button below.
Closing 1st August 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75129390