Middleweight Interior Designer
This varied role covers all stages of Interior Design. You should be passionate about conceptual design, developing the best details to realise the creative potential for each project and value attention to detail and good construction techniques. They look for designers that have a self-motivated approach and will enjoy learning new ways of working.
- Involvement in all phases of the design process including feasibility, concept design, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
- Development of three-dimensional or spacial design with the team.
- Participation in selection of colour, appropriate materials and FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment) for projects in coordination with other team members to meet client's expectations
- Implementation of approved concept through preparation of design presentation documents, drawings and schedules to meet project deadlines.
- Preparation of finished drawings from sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited school
- Demonstrable experience (3+ years) of design of hospitality, retail or other commercial and high end residential interiors projects
- A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential, as well as Sketch-up, Adobe Suite and project information databases
- A working knowledge of project information databases and specification writing
- A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD is essential, as well as Revit knowledge, Sketch-up and Adobe Suite.
- Additional 3D modelling programs and good hand-sketching skills would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable presentation and client relations skills
- Excellent graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas clearly and passionately