Senior Buyer (DIY) - West Midlands
A specialist retailer, with impressive growth plans, is looking for an established Senior Buyer to help drive the performance of their most high profile area. This is a great opportunity for a strong Buyer, with multi product experience, to take the next step in their career.
As Senior Buyer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing the range development and critical path of your category
- Delivering to ambitious sales and margin targets in line with the company budget
- Maintaining and developing current and new supplier relations, negotiating commercial trading agreements
- Identifying patterns, and forecasting sales to spot growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience as a Buyer or Junior Buyer, ideally within a Homeware/DIY/Food or FMCG background.
In addition, you must also demonstrate:
- The ability to develop positive working relationships, both internally and with external suppliers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of under taking competitor analysis
- Adaptability to change, and the ability to work under pressure to tight timelines
Salary: £40000 - 45000
If you feel you have the appropriate skills and characteristics, please apply with an up to date CV today.