Senior Operations Manager - Rugby- Distribution
Senior Operations Manager - Rugby- Distribution / Logistics / Parcels
C: £45K Base plus Benefits.
Our client is one of the best known names in the Distribution market, providing customers with high standards of quality and service.
Reporting to the General manager you will ensure the effective control of the day shift operation, through the proactive management of the day shift team, to deliver the most cost effective operational solution to the required timescales whilst meeting the delivery of agreed service levels.
- To work closely with the Night Operations manager to plan and organise all resource in order to complete all sortation & despatch processes/distribution to the sub depots, carriers & couriers, within the agreed timescales.
- To manage and control the budget - Including productivity, warehouse and transport labour costs, overtime, agency usage and transport operating.
- To comply with health and safety regulations by ensuring Safe Systems of work, risk assessments, accident investigations and reporting is completed and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Maintain Depot H&S ISO accreditation
- To ensure that the company’s disciplinary procedures are adhered to at all times including the management of absence, Labour Turnover etc.
- To ensure that all employees are fully trained in line with their job specification and the company health and safety policy, including (but not limited to) manual handling, and fire evacuation procedures.
- To adhere to the legal requirements of the 'O’ Licence by control & management of both vehicle maintenance & upkeep & driving hours regulations
- To ensure all working time directive records are maintained & the ongoing management of under & over hours within the Dayshift
- To liaise effectively with suppliers where appropriate
- All required reporting documentation is maintained to the required standard & timescales
- To develop and maintain effective communication channels with all appropriate areas of the business.
- To ensure that the Company security processes are maintained at all times & the control/safekeeping of all company assets are maintained
o Ability to motivate and develop your team
o The ability to operate to company policies and procedures
o To ensure all compliance standards are maintained.
Experience of management in a distribution or parcels background is essential for this role. Exceptional management skills are just as critical. You should be able to demonstrate sound numeracy and verbal skills along with PC skills which include knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and have a sound understanding of distribution processes and procedures.
- CPC licence holder ( ESSENTIAL)
- Full current Driving Licence
- PC Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Flexible approach to working hours