Athwal Resourcing is working with a small but growing manufacturing company who are looking for an Operational Management Accountant with a bias towards costing. This newly created position reports directly into the Plant Director and will be responsible for:
- Month End Reporting: Supporting the month end process, with key responsibility to contribution margin level. Production of cost reports and analysis as required for internal reporting and analysis for local management;
- Bills of Material: In the heart of the business you will be pivotal in the maintenance of detailed bills of material /Cost roll -up's / and product analysis to show the true production costs and profitability for existing and new models.
- Standard Costing Accounting: Be involved in standard costing analysis and gross margin analysis by product, tracing of costing back to underlying activities, analyse changes in product design, materials and labour cost and be able understand the variance against actual;
- Operational Excellence: Assist operational managers with decision making processes especially in relation to stock and inventory control, working with the stakeholders of the business from non-finance personnel to directors;
- Systems: Working with the ERP system, review and rationalization of current procedures with inventory, production variances and Cost of Sales.
The ideal candidate will:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 2 years' experience;
- Have sound working knowledge of cost analysis and product profitability;
- Be able to communicate with all levels of the business, both with finance and non-finance staff;
- Able to design and introduce robust procedures to deal with changing structures;
- Experience with integrated ERP systems would be highly desirable;
- Be a proactive and motivated individual who is capable of taking ownership of undertaking new projects.
- Good analytical skills;
- Have a high attention to detail and ability to work to accurate & tight deadlines;
- Have a strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement in processes & procedures and getting things done in a challenging environment.
- Have worked in a manufacturing environment.