Care Assistants HCA
Newcross Healthcare has several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants (HCAs) to join our friendly Shrewsbury team working in the local area.The Position:
Every Newcross Care Assistant makes a difference in the lives of the patients they encounter, through their compassionate and sensitive approach, but also their ability to deliver the highest quality person-centred care.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.
You will be working regular shifts in local care, nursing and residential homes or acute, hospital environments so experience in these environments if highly sought after. We have a variety of different shift patterns on offer including days, nights and weekends, allowing flexible working around family and other commitments.Newcross Perks:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in residential, care and nursing environments
- Referees from all employments (and places of study if applicable) for the past 3 years
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- Up-to-date moving and handling training
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years’ experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.The Local Branch:
Our Shrewsbury branch opened in June 2014 and is located in Shrewsbury Business Park near the River Severn, so we're ideally placed to provide the Newcross standard of care to clients throughout Shropshire.
Click the Apply Now button to being your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.