Engineer - Drainage
Location: Birmingham City Centre (Temporarily Sutton Coldfield)
Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit an Engineer who will report to the Team Leader/Senior Engineer. The successful post holder will, under supervision, be responsible for delivering technical outputs of projects or service areas to meet the client's brief.
- Undertake services within an engineering consultancy environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Prepare technical designs or drawings, documents and use specialist software in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
- Assist with the delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate compliance with health and safety responsibilities as well as other company procedures.
- Design works in accordance health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member with a good work ethic, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Take ownership of own career development using the company appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning. Progress with professional development as a member of a professional institution.
- Actively promote health and safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general health and safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Working towards Incorporated or Chartered Status of a relevant professional institution.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- IT Literate.
- Good technical skills.
- Have knowledge of, and experience in highway drainage schemes to UK standards.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a civil engineering consultancy
- Have a working knowledge and have gained experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Have working knowledge and have gained experience of relevant design software and standards.
- Able to work without supervision and to seek advice when necessary.
- Experience of working on design and build contracts
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.