Fabricator / Welder
MPI have a requirement for a Fabricator/Welder to work in Walsall. WS2 8LD
Initially this role is a contract with the view for the right candidate to become permanent.
Rate of pay £10.00 - £13.00 p/h PAYE; £12.34 - £16.21 p/h LTD depending on experience.
Approx 40 hours per week. Possible overtime
Full Time Fabricator / Welder
• Be a versatile person with a wide range of experience in production of bespoke fabrications
• Develop build processes to facilitate efficient fulfilment of customer requirement
• Ability to MIG weld is essential, TIG weld would be beneficial
• Main tasks construction of bespoke fabrications for installation into vehicles
• Must be able to accurately document build process on prototype work
• Aptitude to digest technical information
• Confident in working with steel, and aluminium essential / composite panels advantageous
• Experience in operating heavy press machinery advantageous
• Work individually and as a team
• Must have a flexible working attitude, and be willing to work outside of current skill set.
• Positive "can-do" approach
• Good communication skills
• Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Flexible attitude towards over time
• Good attention to detail and high quality standards
• Ability to think logically and work accurately
Pay rate: Negotiable based on skills and experience
• 40 hours basic worked between
• Monday to Thursday 8am - 5pm
• Friday 8am - 2pm
• Overtime available
• Bonus available
• Pension scheme available
Health & Safety Responsibility
It is the responsibility of all Babcock Vehicle Engineering Ltd employees to ensure that all operations under their control and within their authority are conducted in accordance with health and safety at work act or other relevant legislation and company health and safety policy.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment
If you are successful with your application with Babcock Vehicle Engineering Ltd you will have to go through a security clearance check prior to commencing employment.