Business Development Manager, Education sector sales
HE FE "higher education" further education" "education sector" sales "business development" universities colleges software
Business Development Manager, Education sector sales for a major UK managed services provider
Up to £50k base plus £70k commission and £5k pa car allowance
Home or office based - UK wide
Our client provides software, support and professional services to meet the needs of the further and higher education student administration marketplace. This role is within the FHE field sales team focuses on the need to deliver solutions to in these markets to the customer base. The role is a member of the field sales team and reports directly to the UK Sales Manager.
Our client has a broad set of propositions for the education market, the role is to work in the higher education market - from the traditional back office systems that underpin the administration of student lifecycle to the emerging mobile needs of the digitally native student.
The role as a Business Development Manager is to uncover new business opportunities and to manage a number of HE clients in current and developing markets.
This role is includes the following key objectives and attributes:
Uncover, develop, convert and manage new HE customer opportunities - through understanding the needs of the institution and providing compelling and market leading solutions that commit customers to us.
- Developing, managing and sustaining relationships with nominated existing customers - through having a good understanding of their needs and by providing a level of service that ensures they are committed to us,.
- The role will suit a highly motivated self-starter with a keen sense of urgency to succeed
- The person should be a natural communicator who can both elucidate the unique values of the our proposition - and work effectively as part of a team to ensure that accounts reach their full potential.
- Meeting the annual sales target agreed by the UK Sales Manager.
- Accurate forecasting of opportunities on a monthly/quarterly basis - including the accurate determination of when the sale will land and the associated likelihood of success
- Responding to customer and prospect queries, answering tender responses, attendance at meetings and follow the opportunity lifecycle through to successful completion
- Maintaining a high and visible level of customer activity across the assigned client base and produce timely and accurate site visit reports
- Take responsibility for keeping the CRM system up to date in terms of client information
- Keep abreast of key market trends and needs - both traditional and emerging
- Complete and process quotations and other documents ensuring all relevant details are present for production and processing
- To have clear account plans for developing each of the assigned accounts - which identify opportunities to upsell new and existing UNIT-e modules, Advantage modules and associated services - and to effectively execute on those plans
- Formal monthly reporting on progress - including the early identification of blockers and plans to resolve them
- Attend User Group meetings and other forums as required by the UK Sales Manager.