Energy Market Analyst
Role: Energy Market Analyst
Salary: £37,000 - £40,000 + commission + excellent benefits
Do you have experience in developing and supporting the delivery of risk managed flexible energy procurement services, the creation of analytics and publications, and the execution of trading activities? If so, this Energy Market Analyst role - working for a leading energy consultancy- will be reviewing and analysing industry changes, reporting and presenting findings, both internally and to clients, facilitating workshops and company events, preparing briefs and providing expert advice to your team and clients. Sounds exciting? If so, apply for the Energy Market Analyst now!!! ?
- Overseeing the fixed and flexible energy procurement for all customers.
- Ensuring each customer has an appropriate risk and procurement strategy
- Assimilate data from a range of sources and provide interpretations to consumers
- Responsibility for the company’s wholesale energy market view
- Ongoing analysis of commodities and non-energy costs.
- Reviewing and negotiating suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Analysing wholesale gas and electricity markets and developing risk strategies
- Buying wholesale gas and electricity
- Administering the mechanics of the contracts
- Attendance of client and supplier meetings
Key Skills and experience
- Experience working for an energy supplier, consultant or with large I&C consumers.
- In depth knowledge of both the UK electricity and gas wholesale markets.
- In-depth understanding of the entire energy procurement lifecycle
- Highly numerical with advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Excellent influencer and communicator.
- Degree level education - highly numerate and analytical
- A deep understanding of non-commodity charges and calculations
- Understand key mechanisms fundamental to flexible electricity contracts
- Experience of demand and generation forecasting
- Have used trading screens such as Thomson Reuters Eikon.