The purpose of the role is to oversee all aspects of the Installation of new facilities and current facilities from a Maintenance point of view. Liaising with the Facilities Engineers to ensure deadlines are met. Maintain all manufacturing Plant, equipment and facilities in good working order. Improve equipment reliability by increasing the mean time between failures while reducing the mean time to repair.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The key responsibilities and tasks of the role include:
- Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance schedules as necessary.
- Operate maintenance fork lift truck and elevated working platform as required.
- Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary.
- Report faults and concerns to management.
- Be proactive in rectifying faults and issues.
- Make full use of the Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Plan / prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Fill in job tickets / PMs on completion of work
- Manufacture spare parts as required (simple Bracketry Gaskets etc…) using lathes, milling machines, welding equipment, etc.
- Typical example of work would be to respond to maintenance request for equipment fault, diagnose fault, repair and return equipment to operational service. All work to be carried out with safety and efficiency in mind.
- Identify spares requirements and control / log usage.
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Work with team in stores organization and breakdown reduction.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
- Skilled machine tool electrician with experience of both relay logic and PLC control systems. Also a sound working knowledge of mechanical engineering.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75109787