Health & Safety Advisor
Position: Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
Salary: £20,000 to £22,500 + Company Car
Benefits: Excellent Benefits including 25 days holiday (+8 BHs), Pension, Company Car
A large, established and well known organisation is looking to recruit and Health & Safety Advisor to proactively deliver the health and safety agenda working closely with the management team.
Working closely with the Head of People & Development and with the Head of Group Health & Safety, your main responsibilities will be to review, audit and monitor current health & safety practises to ensure smooth and correct implementation of best practise as well as continuous improvement and compliance.
You will be tasked with promoting a positive and conscious safety culture across the business and drive continuous improvement in Health and Safety performance. You will ensure Line Managers are trained and competent in conducting and reviewing Risk Assessments. Further to this, you will audit risk assessments and method statements.
This role includes a fully expensed company car - the nature of this role will require travel to sites across the country, so the flexibility and willingness to stay away from home on occasions is a must!
As an experienced Health & Safety Advisor, you will have the following qualities, skills or qualifications;
- A Full UK Driving Licence
- NEBOSH Diploma or Degree in Health & Safety
- Proven experience in a similar role with strong knowledge of H&S legislation
- Highly self-motivated with excellent time management and the ability to prioritise own your work load
- Have an interest in H&S legislation with an ability to understand regulations
- IT literate with good numeracy and literacy skills
- You must have excellent communication skills ans be able to write concise reports.
- Fully expensed company car
- 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 Bank Holiday's
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite restaurant
This role requires you to have a Full UK Driving Licence, as well as the willingness and flexibility to travel; at times extensively.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us