Head of Procurement
Leading by example and acting as a role model in the procurement function the right person will live and breathe the standards expected of them. They will be outgoing and self-motivated with the ability to bring positive energy and focus to peers & members of the team inspiring a high performance and commercial culture.
As the Head of Procurement you will be responsible for:
- Maximising value for money by reducing cost through improved procurement
- Building confidence and enthusiasm for procurement
- Developing the group procurement team to continue Fair Deal, the cost base reduction (CBR) project
- Managing the transition from Procure4 back to the company in all categories, creating an appropriate structure and positive culture
- Conducting tenders, negotiations and reverse auctions in order to deliver objectives
- Developing and maintaining strong supplier relationships that sits outside one project
- Balancing project delivery across numerous internal clients, such that no client feels 'second priority’
- Finalise the development of an appropriate team structure
- Establishing alignment and ongoing buy-in with impacted functional directors and key stakeholders across the company
- Working cross-functionally to lead the establishment, refinement and maintenance of new processes, systems and responsibilities across the procurement of goods and services
- Establishing and managing the pragmatic Supplier Relationship Management and Issue Resolution processes in order to create a culture of supplier performance improvement across the supply chain
- Establishing compliance and performance reports against clear KPIs for each area
- Recognising when team members need support & learning to ensure overall success in delivery of the procurement Vision
- Taking time out to complete training or learn from other team members to deliver own PDP
- Ensuring the timely delivery of targets and key milestones of the agreed business plan
- Working closely with lead stakeholders on the development and delivery of category annual budgets, including forecasting and delivery of in-year CBR targets, rebates, inflation mitigation, etc.
- Supporting the establishment and analysis of baseline contract, spend and specification data
- Managing cross-functional approval of key milestones delivery
The successful candidate for the role of Head of Procurement will have:
- Proven ability to build and execute a procurement strategy
- Demonstrable project management skills with a track record of on-time & in-full delivery
- Strong financial acumen, with evidence of influence or ownership of major spend area budgets
- Significant senior procurement experience in a major UK or international company
- A breadth of category management experience, moving successfully and quickly between Direct and Indirect Goods and Services categories
- Working to tight deadlines in a culture of re-engineering
In return the Head of Procurement will receive a basic salary of £65,000.
To apply for the job click apply and send us your CV.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of submitting your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful.