Assistant Financial Accountant
Athwal Resourcing is currently recruiting on an exclusive basis for an Assistant Financial Accountant for a multi-sited Division of a high profile Plc. The Assistant Financial Accountant will lead a small team to ensure the financial controls are in place, monthly accounts are completed and the cash is managed throughout the sites and Division.
The main responsibilities for the Assistant Financial Accountant are:
- To lead and manage a small team to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial information and to ensure the financial controls are in place for the Division;
- Preparing the monthly financial accounts, (especially on the revenue/cash management) including journal postings and analysis in line with the Group timetable;
- Prepare and review the balance sheet reconciliations with support of the team;
- Responsible for reconciliations between stand-alone IT systems;
- Ensure tight financial controls are in place across all sites;
- Working collaboratively with Management Accounts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Operations;
- Regularly reviewing and improving the financial processes;
- Assist the Finance team with adhoc projects and liaise with the business to ensure deliver of the projects.
The required skills and experience are:
- Fully AAT qualified, Part qualified CIMA/ACCA or QBE;
- At least 2 years' experience managing an accounts team;
- Previous hands-on experience in preparing the financial accounts with a good understanding of accruals, prepayments, cash management and reconciliations;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business;
- Possess excellent Excel (pivot table, VLOOKUPs);
- Working knowledge of Open books would be an advantage;
- Have the ability to work positively and pro-actively either independently or with other colleagues;
- Ability to working under pressure;
- An inquisitive individual who has the ability & desire to identify & continuously improve processes;
- Excellent time management skills to ensure operational queries and commitments are always delivered on time;
- Be proactive with a positive can-do attitude and have the ability to investigate anomalies and identify any potential issues.