Customer Service Advisors
£15,246 to £21,268 p.a. - pro-rata for part time posts. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
Appointment may be anywhere within the grade banding, based on the successful candidates experience and competences and subject to operational requirement.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic, passionate and customer focused people to join our Connect Customer Services Contact Centre Team based in Chelmsley Wood, Solihull.
The Connect Customer Services Team is an intrinsic part of our organisation, it performs a key role in enabling Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council to deliver on its promise to improve lives by delivering great services to the residents of Solihull.
People are at the heart of everything we do, and your role as a Customer Service Advisor will be to ensure that every individual you interact with, through a variety of access points, enjoys a great customer experience.
We are looking for performance driven people who want variety within their role. We have a number of vacancies both part and full time in both our Adult Social Care and Corporate Contact Centre Team.
To be successful in the role you will be:
- You must be a strong team player who values the people you work with, demonstrating respect and behaving with integrity.
- A customer-focused individual with excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach, you have proven experience of providing professional customer service as the norm.
- Comfortable with computer systems and databases, you’re able to type, talk and listen simultaneously, to create accurate records and a great customer experience.
- Organised and methodical, you’re able to adapt under pressure and happy to work on a flexible shift rota.
- The ability to work successfully in a process driven and often pressurised target driven environment.
We are offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Career development and progression opportunities
- 24 days annual leave (pro rata) rising to 29 days (pro rata) after 5 years
- Home working is an option for long term experienced staff who are able to work with limited supervision.
- Discounts for all our employees, cash back savings and offers across many brilliant high street brands, gym memberships and much more
If you are someone who embraces change, is looking for on-going continuous improvement and career development opportunities, then we want to hear from you!
8 posts are available. All roles currently cover the hours of 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 8:00am - 5:30pm on a Wednesday. This rota may also include Saturday working in the future.
For more information about the role please read the job description and person specification.
If you have any questions once you have read through the Job Description and Person Specification, you can contact either Angela Roberts or Maura Flynn who will be happy to answer your query.
Skills Assessment will be held on 8th and 9th August 2017 with successful candidates taken through to Interview, week commencing 14th August 2017.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.