Roving Depot Manager Midlands
C: to £50k base, Exec Car or Big Allowance + £8k Bonus, Pension & Big Company Benefits
Our client is one of the best known names in the fast moving distribution market, providing their customers with high standards of quality and service
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Floating Branch Manager will roam the Midlands Region supporting the Branch Network & be deployed where the needs are greatest whilst learning the business in preperation for a permanent Branch placement.
The position plays an influential role to liaise and network with other parts of the business such as Finance, Hubs & Trunking, HR and the Commercial teams. The role is fully responsible and accountable for the people, service, cost and quality performance of a specific depot.
Driving the best operational performance for the depot will be key as the role will have full profit and loss accountability. Key to the role is improving the key performance indicators to ensure depot targets are achieved.
* To create and deliver the budget and forecast as agreed with the Regional Manager.
* To develop resources within the area of accountability, manage talent and develop succession plans to ensure operational capability is sustainable.
* To ensure the depot meets operational targets and maintains control of the cost base.
* To constantly review operational processes to ensure depot productivity.
* To ensure the depot offers both internal and external customers and clients the highest levels of customer service throughout the distribution process.
* To work with the Operations team, other business units and wider team members to ensure the business is best placed to develop new products and commercial relationships with new and existing clients.
* To lead the depot operations and admin management teams in running an effective, dynamic, process-driven and results-oriented depot network
* To optimise network performance and cost effectiveness through design and monitoring of challenging KPI's implemented through the operational management teams. Networking with other Depot General Manager's to gain best practice
* To provide leadership to depot teams, ensuring individuals are engaged, motivated and committed to operate as a high performance and fully accountable management team.
* To communicate effectively with all depot staff, especially night operations, taking 24 hour responsibility for the depot under their control. To include the cover of shift as and when necessary.
* To be responsible for all Health & Safety matters in the depot.
* To be accountable for all transport related requirements, in line with O Licence regulations.
* To manage and control working time hours, in line with WTD .
* To be accountable for the management of sub depot operations, inclusive of third party relationships, service criteria and rate negotiations.
* To lead a robust and efficient peak planning process with effective delivery.
* To maintain compliance standards across all targeted areas, including ISO accreditation.
* To ensure the security of site and associated procedures are adhered to at all times.
* To ensure all financial, service and enquiry reports are completed within the agreed timescales.
* Good educational background.
* Full Driving Licence.
* Ability to evidence broad managerial experience
* Proven skills and evidence of developing people.
* Able to demonstrate both a commercially focused and client focused operating style.
* Able to demonstrate leadership qualities with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrable evidence of achieving operational management of KPI's and SLA's.
* Evidence of taking ownership for results.
* Able to evidence 'Forward thinking' that has helped the business succeed.
* Able to work flexibly including ability to cover the operation 24/7.