£16000-£18000 plus benefits
My client is an established analytical testing company that provides a high level testing service for a range of industries. They are now seeking a motivated and enthusiastic analytical chemist to join their well-equipped ISO 17025 testing laboratory.
This job is for a chemistry graduate, ideally with with industrial analytical experience with GC-MS or related technique, looking to progress their hands on instrumental analytical equipment skills. A lab based position, you will be responsible for routine and non-routine analysis of a variety of samples by organics instrumental analysis, predominantly GC-MS. The position is fast paced and you will be working to high standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- To digest and analyse a variety of samples by instrumental methods, in particular GC-MS.
- To assist in, where requested, the technical development of instrument capabilities.
- To interpret results and write/check/authorise technical reports prior to dispatch to the customers.
- To assist in, where requested, technical discussions with clients, undertaking client audit problem solving as required.
- To assist in, where requested, the maintenance of UKAS, MCERTS and other QA requirements.
- To maintain laboratory equipment and safe working procedures
- You should be educated to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry or similar
- It is highly desirable for you to have hands on instrumental analysis experience, ideally with one of the following techniques: GC-MS. If you do not, you may be considered at technician level but you should have the desire to learn and the ability to learn quickly
- You should have a positive attitude and be motivated to make improvements
For information on this and other similar jobs, please contact Sophia at Consult Search and Selection