Freight Account Manager
Our client is a well-established Logistics company, who tailor their freight and logistics solutions to clients' needs so you get the best possible service, with priorities to increase efficiencies and safeguard your reputation, all the while keeping you in control. In short, they work to meet the demands of their clients, so you can live up to your brand promises.
We are now recruiting for a Freight Account Manager to be based in there Solihull office.
* This role is pivotal and will involve proactively managing and developing business relationships between the company and all existing and new customers.
* You have demonstrable Deep Sea Freight Forwarding experience and ideally currently work within a Freight Forwarding environment.
* You must be ready for the challenges, responsibilities and rewards that come from working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
* You will manage the processing of import and export consignments in line with an agreed standard operating procedure ensuring the achievement of internal KPI's
* You will manage an agreed number of customers following agreed operating procedures.
* You will make bookings direct with the carriers, NVOCC's and groupage operators, ensuring instructions are confirmed in writing to relevant parties, following through to shipment/delivery, as applicable.
* You will be responsible for the management of all Customs processes necessary for the import and export of shipments by sea or air ie. NES Declarations and Letter of Credit.
* You will also manage the collection of VAT/Duty payments in line with policy and procedures.
* You will prepare and send sales invoices, check and authorise purchase invoices for payment.
* You will maintain communications with all relevant overseas agents, ensuring that they are aware of your customers' shipping requirements.
* You will seek opportunities to increase the profitability and the GP/TEU performance of your allocated customers.
* You will be required to keep yourself informed and updated on any changes within the current marketplace that may impact your customers.
* In order to apply you will have extensive Deep Sea Freight experience / Freight Forwarding processes, ideally in a fast paced distribution environment
* You possess good negotiation skills along with demonstrable account management skills.
* You have previous experience within a customer service environment.
* You can set and meet challenging goals
* You can influence through communication and facilitation
* You are a confident communicator.