Software Engineer (C# and Net technology)
Software Engineer - Machine Vision Applications
OVST (www.oxfordvst.com) seeks to recruit a software engineer to work primarily on vision software development for robot guidance and inspection applications in the automotive industry.
We are looking for an intelligent, productive and talented individual who can learn quickly and is keen to make an important contribution to the company’s products and future development.
A great opportunity to grow your career with a full training program and on the job experience to gain knowledge of Machine Vision System (2D and 3D), Robot Guidance Application and Laser Tracking Application. You will work with robot guidance application and 2D & 3D Machine Vision Systems for our customers i.e. Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, Ford Cologne and Valencia, Scania and some others.
Working in a small company requires individuals who are able to work well either on their own or in small teams. It also requires people who are flexible and willing to take on a range of different tasks as the workload dictates.
The high ambition and dedication to learn are the key qualification for this position, graduates or 1-2 years’ experience in software development or related field are welcome.
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electronics, Electrical or similar relevant subject.
- Some experience in C++/C# software development either from university, leisure time or work experience. Knowledge of machine vision algorithms, software development in vision system will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in laser triangulation, 3D vision development and Matlab/Octave will be highly advantageous.
- A Level maths or equivalent
- Advanced technical and computer literacy including the ability to use Word, Excel, etc.
- Adaptable and flexible with a real interest in 2D and 3D Vision Systems, Robotics and the Automotive Industry
The role will involve working on existing and new applications for use with our vision systems that are used on automotive production lines. Aspects of the role include:
- Understanding requirements
- Designing and implementing appropriate software applications
- Selecting and implementing appropriate vision algorithms, including selecting and working with third party vision engines
- Designing and implementing GUIs
- Writing technical and user documentation
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- Dedicate and passionate in Machine Vision or related software development
- A willingness to work within a small software development team.
- Commitment to ensure that projects are completed successfully
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate well with both colleagues and customers
The opportunity to work with Oxford Vision & Sensor Technology, the employees will receive
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours so we need the engineers who can manage their time well
- Good annual holiday (22 annual days holiday + public holiday per year, increase one day each year up to 25 days holiday per year)
- Opportunity to work with UK and European projects.
- Training program for Machine vision hardware and configuration as well as software development.
- Opportunity for work holiday with our Software development team based in Thailand
The role is based in Coventry as below address
Oxford Vision & Sensor Technology Ltd
University Of Warwick Science Park
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Rd
Coventry CV4 7EZ