General Manager required for one of the UK’s largest independent Steel Processing & Service company. This is a rare and unique opportunity to join a company with ambitious plans for growth and further development of their products over the coming years ahead.
We are looking for a high energy and driven General Manager to steer the business in a timely, cost effective and competitive manner in order to achieve annual budgeted profit.
Reporting to the Executive Directors, you will head up the Management team comprising of Engineering, Finance, IT, Operations and Sales. You will have full P&L responsibility for the company and spearhead ambitious growth strategies and provide decisive and highly visible leadership. In addition you will develop and implement the strategy to improve the business, its sales and technical and operational performance in order to meet ever demanding customer requirements.
Principle Accountabilities will include:
- Ensure the company is run in a safe manner in all aspects of its operations.
- Achieve budgeted Toll and Steel Sales revenue, tonnage and margin targets.
- Ensure Operations, Engineering and Transport deliver high levels of customer service including delivery and product quality
- Continually review the entire supply chain (Internally & Externally) and implement changes to improve cost effectiveness
- Drive all departments within the business into a highly integrated, well motivated and strong performing management team
- Provide clear leadership, direction and expectations to the management team.
- Regularly review all aspects of company policies to ensure the highest possible standards are set and achieved.
- Regular meeting and reviews with management team to develop awareness of current and projected performance.
- Work with Executive Directors to develop stretching but realistic business plans, annual budgets and sales / profit targets.
What key skills are we looking for?
- Knowledge & experience within the Steel Processing Industry would be advantageous.
- A high achieving personal career record, with a strong commercial, operational & technical background.
- You will be strategic yet hands on with a logical approach to problem solving.
- You will be results orientated with entrepreneurial flair; have a passion for business improvement and be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering major improvements in business performance and sales growth.
- A track record of leading major improvements in business performance through operational and culture change and have the drive and vision to lead a company to the highest levels of service.
- A charismatic leader is required who enjoys managing people and possesses a 'right first time' mentality.
- Personal qualities will include professional and personal integrity, high levels of energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills; also the individual will see the fun side of work, be honourable, stable, resilient, tenacious and driven by achievement of measurable results.
This position offers genuine career progression to Director level status (including, increased basic salary, bonuses, benefits and equity shares), based on delivering the performance and growth targets of the business.
In return you will receive a basic starting salary of c£55k to c£60k
Up to 30% bonus based on profitability, levels of sales and orders and general KPIs to be agreed
Company Car Allowance
Private Health Insurance
Contributory Pension Scheme (Increasing with service)
31 days annual holidays including statutory days (Increasing with service)