Contractor Manager - Parcels
Our Client is a market leader in the provision of international and domestic parcel solutions to both businesses and home addresses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CONTRACTOR MANAGER working from home and covering 5 main depots based Bradford, Sheffield, Peterborough, Newmarket and Dunstable.
Reporting into the Senior Contractor Manager this role is responsible for sourcing, selecting and implementing subcontractors across the UK Delivery Network. Working with the Delivery Planning Team, Field Teams and Depot Network you will identify the need to supply solutions, create a standard were Contract solutions are managed, plan and control to achieve the agreed service and cost criteria to our final customers. You'll ensure the management controls are both in Depot and Field are trained, implemented and reviewed where the solution operates.
* Sourcing, selecting and implementing subcontractors across the UK Delivery Network.
* Conduct periodical service reviews with Subcontractors to ensure service targets are met and maintained.
* To ensure the contractual, legal and procurement processes are followed and developed, when implementing Subcontractors for delivery and for sub depot management
* Maintenance of individual Contractor records including back-up solutions.
* Responsible for all aspects of Contractor Pay and negotiation to ensure they are fair, consistent and cost effective for the company.
* Represent the Company through personal contact with our Clients who use the distribution network for the delivery of their products to their Customers.
* To liaise with the Depots and Field to ensure the agreed service levels are established and maintained to provide a consistent quality service to the Contractors, Sub Depots and Couriers.
* To continually assess and develop the Model to ensure it meets our client and end customer demands.
The ideal candidate will have previous people-management experience with a particular emphasis on relationship management. An effective and influencial communicator at all levels you will be able to demonstrate competent negotiation skills have a problem solving mindset and an ability to plan effective contingencies and solutions. The role requires you to have a current driving licence and, at times, can mean long unsociable hours so staying away from home may be required.
Finally you will have extensive management experience within the Express Parcels, Courier or Logistics / 3PL marketplace.