Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Remotely from home but you will be required to attend the office in Christchurch, Dorset for meetings
Hours: Monday - Friday - 09:00 - 17:30 hours with an hours lunch break
As the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for attending speculative meetings with prospects and formal presentation meetings in order to develop relationships and increase revenue opportunities for our client. The successful candidate should have gravitas and be tenacious in work ethic, forward-thinking, organised and results orientated.
The BDM will also have overriding responsibility for delivering value added solutions to prospective clients, managing the smooth negotiations of the contracts and overseeing the structured implementation of the new business relationship into the business; ensuring the highest standards of professionalism are exhibited at all times. You will employ all avenues for prospecting, including cold calling, working through references, etc. to ensure that the required number of meetings are attained and conducted.
In addition, The BDM will work closely with the Account Managers to ensure that existing accounts are handed across in an efficient manner whilst ensuring the clients receive the highest levels of service and product delivery to ensure contract renewal.
The BDM will oversee that all opportunities are investigated within each prospective client, and that the correct stakeholders in each account opportunity are aware of the range of services that our client provides in order to secure additional streams of revenue.
Travel Risk Management Industry experience is required.
- Management and acquisition of client accounts.
- Generating leads by cold calling and networking.
- Engaging with prospects to investigate and understand the issues they face.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the wider risk and security industries to enable a very consultative approach in their dealings with prospects and clients, and to be considered an "expert" in their field.
- Identify opportunities for the company's core business propositions.
- Identify other areas and opportunities that may not currently fall under company core business offering, and bring them to the company's attention.
- Attend both speculative and formal meetings with prospects and clients to build relationships and develop business revenue opportunities.
- Write and develop compelling client specific proposals.
- Close business based on a mutually agreeable set of expectations.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Closed business generated.
- Value of pipeline.
- Number of new contacts identified and relationships established.
- Number of meetings conducted.
- Profitability of client accounts.
- Total values of revenue within new client accounts.
- Client satisfaction.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of operating in a business services sales environment ideally solutions and or consulting sales.
- Graduate or graduate calibre.
- Managing the client cycle from targeting and engagement through to pitch and delivery.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining executive-level relationships.
- Flexibility in approach and open to international travel.
- Strong communication, organisation and presentation skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- A self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to deliver client solutions and enjoy the monetary returns.
- A strategic thinker; able to conceive and execute sector development plans.
- Excellent relationship management skills with a track record of developing long-term client partnerships.
- Reporting skills.
- 22 days holiday plus BH's - which will increase 1 day a year (maximum 3 days) after 2 years' service taking them to 25 days plus BH
- Car allowance, laptop, mobile, Pension (after 3 months service), Death in service (4 x salary), Incapacity benefit, Parking, shower facilities, buying, selling and carrying forward holiday, onsite restaurant
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/