Finance Business Partner
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner for a service business who are based in Coventry. You will be a fully qualified accountant and will have extremely strong stakeholder engagement skills coupled with strong commercial acumen and the ability to add value as the Finance lead for your business area. You will work closely with the Senior Management team and support them in making the right decisions which will ultimately drive improvements and profitability.
As the Finance Business Partner you will be reporting into the CFO and will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to the business area to ensure they achieve the financial targets set. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with both operations and finance and be comfortable in both areas.
As the Finance Business Partner you will aid the delivery of the business objectives and targets through proactively evaluating and challenging business performance and cost control.
You will also be involved in the following:
- Working alongside the Operations and Senior Management Team to drive profitability
- Participating in meetings and reviews, providing insight and support using both financial and non-financial data and KPI's, as well as challenging Management on their performance, future plans and outlook
- Keep up-to-date on current and potential industry developments which could have a financial impact, conducting benchmarking of competitors, assessing the risks/opportunities and advising the CFO in a timely manner
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Working with Operational Managers in the preparation of budgets and forecasts; identifying and tracking further business efficiency's / risks. Ensuring accuracy and completeness, together with meeting deadlines.
- Delivering the annual budget and quarterly forecasts accurately and on time. Supporting the management team in the preparation of head office budgets and quarterly forecasts. Sense checking the inputs before reviewing the outputs with the managers prior to the FD review ahead of submission.
- Understanding and communicating current performance through detailed variance analysis; highlighting underlying business performance and identifying and maintaining a register of risks and opportunities.
- Working with budget holders to deliver opportunities and minimise risk.
- Ownership of capex plans and capex business cases, together with local financial tender modelling, supporting the Commercial and Operational teams as necessary
- Production of board reports, review materials and budget packs
- Provide financial support for ad hoc projects
As the successful Finance Business Partner you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant
- Have highly developed commercial acumen
- Have highly developed analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Be a strong communicator, with the ability to present complex financial data and concepts in a clear and concise way to non-finance professionals
- Be able to persuade and influence
- Have the ability to make a significant commercial contribution by understanding the performance drivers of the business
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Business Partner:
- Salary of £60K / £65K
- Career progression and development