Working Hours: 5 night shifts
Sunday 23:00 - 06:00
Monday - Thursday 22:00 - 6:00
Salary: £16.74ph (including shift allowance)
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Welding engineer who can set and manage a cell of welders for our client based in Tyseley.
· This is a primary role within the business with key responsibilities for the following areas.
· Responsible for Engineering on welding department ensuring all operations run to QAF
· Liaise with commercial team to ensure seamless introduction of all new projects related to welding processes. Projects to be delivered on time and to QAF.
· Review all aspects of the welding areas identifying short, medium and long term goals to move our welding standards to the highest level. Amp meter and pressure testing to be completed as part of each job set up.
· Ensure robust TPM process in place to protect parts on all welding process.
· Project Management of all welded related capital Expenditure projects from feasibility through to commissioning, all welding fixtures must be approved and passed off prior to home line run on site.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· All weld processes to be fully capable with built in safe guards to ensure repeatability. Using standard weld setting sheets programmed in to weld monitors for all parts.
· Develop process to eliminate quality problems with eye lidding parts, pin up Sensors and poke yoke systems to be in place on all machines.
· Monitor and Control of associated Cap ex projects ensuring they are introduced on time.
· Seamless introduction of new projects from feasibility into full production. Buy off to agreed and signed off to QAF
· Hold quarterly reviews with management team to discuss lessons learnt and develop / share systems.
· Full monthly report required project status including setting sheet project, pin up sensor project, poke yoke project and TPM status. Presented to the general manager monthly
· Develop Weld setters to ensure they are competent to support the weld shop and setting requirements, skills matrix to be developed to ensure setters fully trained
· To ensure that all welding processes are safe with regard to ensuring that manual spot welding operations do not present a hazard to the hands and fingers of Operators.
How to apply:
If you feel that you have all the experience and skills for this position, then please Apply or send your most recent CV to Sam Kerby @ AM2PM