Lecturer - Mechanical Maintenance
Due to further expansion, our client has a number of exciting opportunities to join their growing engineering education team, based from their world-class state of the art facility in Aston, Birmingham.
The company is the UK’s leading trade body focused on the Manufacturing and Engineering Sector: they offer a range of professional services to companies throughout the industry and have an extensive training and apprenticeship programme. They are Ofsted grade 2, RoATP approved and have an apprentice completion rate of 85%.
We are currently looking for Mechanical Maintenance Lecturers, to work in classroom based roles, teaching up to Level 4.
Main purpose of the role:
• To monitor and assess learners, ensuring they have access and opportunity to achieve the qualifications in their learning plans.
• Coordinate and manage the process of learning, assessment and verification through National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).
• Determine and develop training plans and where necessary negotiate opportunities for delivery through managed experience.
• Liaise and assist clients to establish their recruitment and training needs
• Manage the achievement of learners
• Maintain monitoring visits on a frequency that does not extend outside of eight weeks.
• To assess learners progress by various means of assessment and provide progress feedback and progress reports
• To provide learners, colleagues, parents and employers with timely, accurate and constructive feedback on learners’ achievement, progress and areas for development
• Liaise with other training providers /sub-contractors to ensure successful completion of NVQ, Functional Skills and Technical Certificate, as appropriate.
• To ensure the health and safety of learners and staff and carry out Health and Safety audits
• Provide Technical Cover for instructional areas of the workshop if required.
• Promote the products and services offered by the Apprentices and Skills.
Knowledge and experience required:
• Time served apprenticeship, or a relevant level 4 qualification, or a skills specific NVQ Level 3, or the equivalent/higher
• Assessor qualification - such as TAQA, A1, V1, D32, D33 - beneficial
• Level 3 teacher training qualification - essential
• Recent industrial experience, combined with knowledge of current industry and best practice standards
• Ability to plan, and deliver training and assess outcomes
• Leadership and people development skills, with the ability to motivate learners
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
Benefits & additional information:
• Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm and Friday 8am to 1.30pm, with 22.5hrs teaching time a week
• Maximum class sizes - 18 pupils
• August or early September start dates
• Progression and development opportunities
• Pension with up to 8% matched contribution
• Annual leave of 26 days plus Bank Holidays - please note we do not work to an academic calendar
Our client requires all job applicants to share their company-wide commitment to putting the Customer First.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be required to demonstrate a good understanding of customer service and to provide examples of having delivered customer service to a high standard.