Mechanical Design Engineer
My Client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer whose main focus will be investigating and designing new mechanical concept ideas. This is the chance to join a very successful, rapidly growing company who are one of the leading designers of electronic products created to make life easier.
This is a fantastic opportunity "to be part of something really special" as my client is offering the successful Mechanical Design Engineer a chance to have their own input and ideas to drive development of concepts forward to production, therefore an amazing career move and in addition they are offering a great overall package including:
- Basic Salary starting at £32,000 - £35,000
- 32 Days holiday including 8 Statutory days, rising to 33 days after 2 years' Service
- Company Events, including "Summer Barbecue's", Christmas Party, Nights Out
- Career progression into a Management Position
- An early finish at 1pm Fridays!!! ….. 8am - 5.30 pm Mon -Thursday
- A Beautiful, Modern work environment, with outdoor spaces.
On a day to day basis the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for
- Responsible for mechanical design of all new product concepts in R&D.
- Investigating and designing new mechanical concept ideas.
- Conduct feasibility studies & measure performance of mechanical components and devices.
- Work with our chosen manufacturers to transfer designs and concepts in to full production.
- Testing products/components/prototypes/technologies & recording test results for review/action.
- Analyse and interpret mechanical data to provide technical advice to others.
- Review and improve materials specifications used in proof of concept designs, particularly plastics and injection moulding designs for production.
- Be proactive, self-starting and capable of prioritising tasks within the project deliverables.
- Investigate potential new technologies / techniques that could benefit NPD and products.
- Ensure that projects comply with current legislation, Health and Safety regulations and R&D Reliability and Document Control best practices.
As the successful Mechanical Design Engineer you will be:
- Creative and driven with and have a minimum qualification of a degree or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline and five years' experience in an engineering role is essential.
- You will be technically competent in a wide range of engineering skills and must have knowledge of new product development, plastics and injection mouldings and product introduction. Organisational, analytical, communications and interpersonal skills are a pre requisite of this position creative and driven
- Ideally located in or near Worcestershire, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Redditch, South Bham
If you are highly driven and enthusiastic please apply for this exciting opportunity by clicking on the link below
Coburg Banks Technical specialise in recruiting Senior Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Production Managers, Design Engineers and Technical Managers across a wide range of industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Engineering, Manufacturing or Construction then please refer them to us.