MLD Teaching Assistant
A Catholic Primary school based in Coventry is looking to attract Teaching Assistants that can manage challenging behaviour from SEN pupils with Moderate learning difficulties (MLD).
Within this school, behaviour management is crucial in this setting so that teaching and learning can help the children progress.
If you have previous experience in supporting children with behavioural needs then please apply and help the school create the learning environment that they need.
Successful Classroom Assistants:
- Must be Level 3 qualification / degree qualified
- Previous experience within a school and dealing with challenging behaviour
- Help to support children in a small group or on a one-to-one basis across all areas of their curriculum
- Assist the Teacher with the preparation of the learning environment
- On occasion, carry out activities to support your one to one work or the teachers planning
- Able to build rapport and liaise comfortably with pupils, parents and staff members
- Maintain pupils learning journals, ensure they are filled out neatly and are up to date
- Able to provide extra support to children experiencing special educational needs
- Be able to converse clearly and patiently support children who are learning English as an additional language
- Uphold the rules of the school / classroom as per the school behavioural policy
- Become an extension of the teacher you are supporting to create an outstanding learning environment for the children in your care even if only for a day
- Be required to help with administration tasks such as handing out/collecting papers, photocopying, some light marking, putting up/taking down displays, etc.
Benefits of working through CPSS:
- Working within a high percentage of Catholic primary schools in and around the West Midlands
- Experienced consultant who specialises in liaising with local Catholic schools
- Long term, permanent and day to day roles available, including the opportunity to work towards your Induction
- Competitive rates of pay
- Continued professional development via the Birmingham Catholic Primary Partnership
The Catholic Partnership Supply Service requires all teachers to have a fully enhanced DBS check, minimum of two references plus a face to face interview.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.