Shift Mechanical Fitter
Overview of the role:
Direct Workforce are working with our well established client to recruit for an experienced Shift Mechanic to work in a busy manufacturing environment in Cradley Heath.The Shift Mechanic monitors production machinery, diagnoses faults and carries out repairs as required.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
• Diagnose faults and carry out the necessary repairs.
• Provide quick and efficient mechanical assistance on production equipment.
• Continually monitor equipment looking for issues and faults.
• Monitor the production computer, making notes of fluctuations and acting accordingly.
• Use the SAP system throughout the performance of the roles duties.
• Communicate with Shift Supervisors and other mechanics regarding issues.
• Assist in the maintenance of major production process equipment and attend to faults.
• Complete all relevant paperwork, ensuring compliance to a variety of standards and procedures.
• Maintain production efficiencies by monitoring and adjusting cycle times as required.
• Advise senior management on issues in production when required.
• All employees are responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
• To work within the Companies top four priorities of Safety, Quality, Service and Efficiency.
• To comply with all Company Policies and General Manufacturing Processes.
Skills and experience required:
• GCSE’s or equivalent in English, Mathematics & Science
• Problem solving and mechanical comprehension skills
• Qualifications in engineering, plumbing, or electrical maintenance would be considered
• Forklift truck certificate including counter balance & a MEWP licence is desirable
• Demonstrable experience in a factory or general maintenance role, engineering, mechanics or setting & tool making will be taken into consideration
• Dart machinery knowledge would be desirable
• Knowledge of Valves and solenoids is desirable
• Ability to read drawings and schematics
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Monday- Friday 2-10pm