Dispensary Assistant/Pharmacy Technician
S.P.A. Healthcare Ltd. T/A Prinja Pharmacy has two branches in Birmingham B24. We have a vacancy for a full time or part time Dispensary Assistant.
Do not worry if you do not have the NVQ2 in pharmacy services, we will enrol you.
Your main responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, dispensing medication effectively and safely, managing stock levels and be another expert for customers, providing healthcare advice and services at the counter. You will also assist with sales and general duties including product displays and cash transactions.
Other day to day job role:
- Seeking opportunities to engage with GPs and other healthcare professionals to drive services.
- Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice. Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised.
- Delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and collection of prescriptions.
- Tailoring conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs.
- It's not just about experience or knowledge, we are looking for people with a genuine passion for customer care, an ambassador for Healthcare within our pharmacy. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with patients and your team and will be able to understand individual customer needs and tailor your support and advice appropriately. Also, the ability to advise patients with confidence and accuracy whilst remaining customer focussed.
- Complying fully with the Standard Operating Procedures ( SOP's)
- Keeping Dispensary/shop and other areas to a good professional standard.
Salary: The starting salary will be £15,600/- per annum based on 40 hour per week ( Monday to Friday). If you have qualifications in Pharmacy Services NVQ2 or NVQ3 then the salary will vary.