Mechanical Maintenance Instructor
Due to expansion our client has exciting opportunities for Maintenance Engineers to join their growing education team; based from their world-class state of the art facility in Aston, Birmingham.
The company is the UK’s leading trade body focused on the Manufacturing and Engineering sector: they offer a range of professional services to companies throughout the industry and have an extensive training and apprenticeship programme.
We are looking for people who have experience in mechanical maintenance to teach the subject to apprentices, in a workshop based environment. We are happy for people to join us straight from industry and will offer full training and also support to get the associated teaching qualifications.
Main purpose of the role:
• To monitor and assess learners, ensuring they have access and opportunity to achieve the qualifications in their learning plans.
• Coordinate and manage the process of learning, assessment and verification through National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).
• Determine and develop training plans and where necessary negotiate opportunities for delivery through managed experience.
• Liaise and assist clients to establish their recruitment and training needs
Knowledge and experience required:
• Time served apprenticeship, or a relevant level 4 qualification, or a skills specific NVQ Level 3 or the equivalent or higher
• Recent industrial experience, combined with knowledge of current industry and best practice standards
• Ability to plan, and deliver training and assess outcomes
• Leadership and people development skills, with the ability to motivate learners
• Good presentation and communication skills
Benefits & additional information:
• Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm and Friday 8am to 1.30pm, with 22.5hrs teaching time a week
• Maximum class sizes - 18 pupils for classroom based and 12 pupils for workshop based
• August or early September start dates
• Progression and development opportunities
• Pension with up to 8% matched contribution
• Annual leave of 26 days plus Bank Holidays - please note we do not work to an academic calendar
We require all job applicants to share our company-wide commitment to putting the Customer First.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be required to demonstrate a good understanding of customer service and to provide examples of having delivered customer service to a high standard.