Business Development Manager
A leading corrugated manufacturer based in the Northwest who supply a wide range of corrugated packaging solutions to all sectors of UK industry are looking for an active Business Development Manager to join their successful sales team to enhance its UK activity.
- Covering the UK
- The successful candidate must reside in either the Northwest or Midlands area.
- Managing Director
- An exciting and newly created role has been devised to help market and sell a new revolutionary concept in corrugated packaging. You must be a proven solution based sales person who can demonstrate the ability to sell a system of automation and niche corrugated products to an ever increasing and developing end user market.
- The role is to identify suitable opportunities for a range of corrugated based packaging solutions within the UK market that will deliver:
- A reduction in corrugated packaging spend
- A reduction in inventory and cost
- A reduction in material handling and potential labour saving
- A reduction in logistical costs
- Just in time packaging solutions with flexible production of any size box with no set up costs or extended lead times.
- Our ideal customer will have multiple packaging lines required for multiple products to be packed with a corrugated annual spend more than £250k.
- They will be a manufacturer or distributor ideally from the following market such as household products, DIY, Automotive, Engineering, Furniture, online retail, office furniture to name a few.
- Representing the company in a professional manner at all times both with existing and potential customers.
- New business development, targeting new companies and building strong relationships.
- Arranging new business appointments in a systematic basis to discuss niche market products supplied and to discuss on-going requirements and ensure excellent customer service is provided.
- A thorough understanding of the fulfilment operations and the issues facing the manufacturing industry and competent on providing technical advice to clients.
- Building solid business relationships with customer’s key personnel and promoting partnership ethos.
- Producing and presenting sales figures, forecasts, targets on personal and market activity.
- Presenting sales forecasts and targets to board directors.
- Generate ideas to agree target companies to approach / sectors for business development using thorough understanding of the requirements and capabilities of the company, within agreed criteria, to be agreed with your line manager before approaching.
- Obtaining credit check prior to approaching prospective customers.
- Presenting company strengths and benefits a structured sales pitch.
- Generating enquiries and providing detailed information along with samples.
- Outlining terms and conditions of supply in line with company policy / standards or obtaining approval to deviate.
- Liaise effectively with internal personnel in all aspects of account management.
- Recommending short and medium term sales goals to be reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in the formation of a sales budget.
- Monitoring sales forecasts and reporting to line manager on a monthly basis with progress, review forecasting with line manager as necessary.
- Reporting on all aspects of customer and market activity.
- Managing, investigating and providing customer feedback on customer complaints.
- Existing business development management role selling to senior level management.
- Solutions based sales approach.
- Proven new business record of solution sales is essential.
- An advantage would be sales experience outside of FMCG sector and within the industrial manufacturing market and on-line retail sales sector.
- Will be self-managing and able to identify prospects and generate leads through to initial meetings and proposal.
- Full training will be given with the flexible packaging automation and will involve foreign travel and on-site UK learning.
- From £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience, company car, mobile, laptop and pension.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking for then please contact us on a confidential basis: