My client is a leading global aerospace and MOD supply chain provider with over 50 years in the industry. They have extensive relationships with many manufactures worldwide giving them access to a wide and diverse range of products. Due to continued growth and restructuring, a fantastic opportunity has arisen to appoint a Quality Engineer at their Derby site.
The Quality function is responsible for ensuring that customer requirements are understood and translated into robust processes which comply with legal and quality approval requirements. This is achieved by working with all employees to increase the company’s efficiency, effectiveness and profitability by identifying and facilitating opportunities for improvement.
To be the primary technical point of contact with designated customers, providing accurate review of performance and quick response to any customer enquiries, by the co-ordination of task within Pattonair. To improve performance to designated customers by robust containment/problem resolution and by leading customer focused improvement projects.
Key skills required specific to this role;
- HND/HNC or (NVQ 3 with relevant experience) in mechanical or manufacturing engineering
- Lead Auditor qualified
- Sigma or Lean accreditation
- Significant experience in problem resolution/root cause analysis
- Experience of working within an automotive or aerospace industry
- Experience leading continuous improvement activities
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
Key accountabilities of the Quality Engineer:
- To build effective working relationship with designated customers, to understand specific customer needs and expectations, and translate into robust processes or customer focused improvement projects to improve working relationship
- Be the point of technical expertise through knowledge of customer product specifications, requirements and drawing interpretation, to ensure there is focus on resolving issues in a timely manner
- To contain, investigate and implement corrective actions for customer complaints on all improvement activity, to meet customer expectations
- Lead customer focused improvement projects to deliver improved performance to customers Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual
- Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job