SEN teaching assistant
SEND teaching assistant
ITN Mark Education is seeking to appoint a teaching assistant on behalf of a special needs school in North Birmingham. The school is a large school for pupils with MLD and ASD. You will need strong experience with special needs and you must have worked in a special school to be considered for the role. The school has pupils from ages 2-19 with a variety of special educational needs and disabilities.
If you have experience with Makaton and PECS it would be highly desirable. Also if you hold the Team Teach qualification it would be beneficial.
I am looking to appoint people who:
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a childcare based subject
- Are dedicated and are knowledgeable within their specialism
- Have experience of working with children with special educational needs, ideally on a one to one basis
- Are comfortable with providing personal care if required
- Have a calm and patient personality
- Are vigilant and are able to provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children they are supporting at all times
- Have the initiative to familiarise themselves with the schools behaviour policy and uphold it
- Creative in their approach to learning and able to utilise resources provided to engage the children in their learning
- Are supportive to the teacher and children at all times of the assignment
- Care about the children they are supporting even if only for a day and take an active approach in helping to raise their attainment
- Are open to carrying out some simple administration tasks such as photocopying and maybe marking
Benefits of working with ITN Mark Education are:
- Good rates of pay including weekly pay
- Refer a friend to ITN Mark (must have worked for 1 day) and receive £100 worth of capital bond vouchers.
- Supply staff are highly valued and often offered a permanent position
- Excellent support system in place for the staff, offering a real chance to make a positive impact on the children's education.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.