Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (Fixed Term Contract - Minimum 12 Months)
My client, a leading well known manufacturer, is looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join their established & successful team on a FTC basis.
This role is project based with its main purpose to drive the business to achieving its IATF16949:2016 Accreditation and also be responsible for all Supplier Development activities.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Quality, you will drive the implementation & adherence to best in class standardised procedures and processes throughout the site.
To be successful you will have experience and a full understanding of IATF16949:2016 requirements and also have developed & implemented Quality Management Systems.
You MUST also be able to demonstrate experience of the implementation of Quality procedures & documentation from scratch, for example PPAP's, APQP, FMEA's, Control Plans
AS SQA Engineer you MUST be a proactive character, who can work with minimal supervision and be a leader not a follower
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role within Tier 1 / Tier 2 Automotive supplier environment
- Experienced in Quality Management Systems - development & implementation
- Demonstrable understanding of IATF16949:2016 & ISO9001:2015
- Experience of resolving complicated issues (problem solving tools)
- Comprehensive understanding of quality tools and their application including APQP, SPC, 8D, PPS, FAIR, PSW, Controls Plans & FMEA. This will include the implementation and roll out from scratch where required
Reporting to the Head of Quality on a day to day basis the key roles and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for all Supplier Development activities
- In conjunction with Procurement develop a sourcing strategy that conforms to IATF16949:2016
- Drive the implementation & adherence to Best in Class standardised procedures and processes throughout the business.
- Develop and manage the Supplier Quality internal processes in line with IATF16949:2016 requirements
- Raising vendor 8Ds and ensuring timely and robust responses in line with company requirements.
- Will be required to undertake regular supplier assessments/audits.
- Proactively work with suppliers to assist in the management and resolution of their quality issues.
- Lead the development & implementation of improved Quality process controls across all supplier processes in order to drive a zero quality defect tolerant culture.
- Drive the achievement of Best in Class standards into the supply chain giving advice & guidance and expediting supplier responses and performance as required.
- Ensure the understanding, implementation and compliance with relevant Quality standards.
- Support the development of a robust Automotive Tier 1 supply chain with key robust suppliers being sourced & audited at regular intervals
- Perform Supplier Audits - track progress & report findings.
For more information, please email your CV to:
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com