Head of Geography
This school is a diverse, multicultural school based in Birmingham is looking to appoint an experienced, well-qualified and dedicated Head of Department to lead the team of Geography teachers from September 2017. We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner with ability to motivate and inspire both students and members of staff.
They would like to meet with devoted and experienced practitioners who will bring a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm with them. This post will suit a candidate who is either currently working as Head of History, Deputy Head of History or a coordinator who is ready to take their career to the next level.
Are you looking for an opportunity that will take you to the next level? Are you an existing head of geography that is looking for a change?
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a school on a journey "from good to great" and to join at this exciting time then this school is seeking to appoint an outstanding head of department from September 2017. There will be the opportunity for a permanent role for the right teacher.
Pupils at this school apply themselves with diligence and enthusiasm in all that they do every day. They are supported by a hardworking and caring team of teaching and support staff who work collaboratively to create a culture of aspiration and purpose. This school is heavily oversubscribed and attendance is high because our students are keen to learn. They hunger for success and their results are above the national average.
This role will suit a teacher who has a secondary based teaching qualification with a specific specialism in Geography.
What you will offer: -
- Be an experienced Geography teacher looking for a new exciting role
- Have a passion for teaching and leadership
- Have the ability to deliver and share outstanding practice
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Open and accepting to students culture
- Ability to engage and inspire students
- Commitment to the school and its students development
What you will get in return: -
- A supportive SLT team
- Free on-site parking
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to help shape and strengthen the Geography department
- A vibrant, warm and friendly working environment
- Access to a wider range of opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme - Get rewarded with £300 worth of vouchers every time you recommend a teacher
If you're excited to start a new challenge, to grow and develop your career in an already achieving school, please send your CV to the Birmingham Randstad team now to be considered for an interview.
Applicants will be considered on an on-going basis; therefore this advert may be removed prior to its expiry date. Early applications are encouraged.