Our client is a leading multi-channel retailer based in Birmingham with a sustained and energetic programme of growth. Our culture is entrepreneurial and fast paced; our vision is simply to be the best pure play online retailer of the goods we sell.
As the business grows, so too does the demand to ensure we provide the very best online customer experience. An exciting opportunity has arisen as we continue to expand and develop, for an Ecommerce Assistant.
As E-commerce Assistant you will be confident, engaging and committed in supporting the team and Head of Ecommerce with the company's online growth plans. You will be responsible for performing general administration duties across the department and providing website support including:
- The day-to-day maintenance and operation of company websites.
- Managing the online product catalogue through updating and removing products as required.
- Adding new product ranges to the website, ensuring products are described in a manner which best promotes the sale of the products, and have the required data and images.
- Work with the Product Manager to source product images and information from suppliers
- Ensure maximum visibility across all sales platforms.
- Support the Head of ecommerce with pay per click advertising and bid management on search engines; and sponsored listings on Amazon and eBay.
- To analyse product pricing vs our competitors and managing the Pricetrakker system to maximise sales.
- Liaise with and help to manage the workload of third party contractors based in India.
- Manage customer reviews weekly for all websites through the Trustpilot platform
- Monitor daily product feed accuracy on search engines and on market places.
- Verify affiliate marketing commissions and authorise payments to affiliates.
- Provide reports on ecommerce activity when required to facilitate business decisions
- To work within the e-commerce function as a team member and not limit work to any particular discipline or function.
- Have an open approach to learning new skills in and around e-commerce, including pay-per-click advertising and using analysis to suggest improvements.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a bright, ambitious individual to learn many disciplines across e-commerce, within a growing company.
The Successful Applicant
- At least two years' work experience in an ecommerce environment as well as a keen interest in online retail/ecommerce sales.
- Experience in PPC advertising desirable.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, and can demonstrate attention to detail.
- To be able to work well both individually and as part of a team and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to multitask by organising workloads and making full use of available resources.
- Confident using Microsoft Office packages with good working knowledge of Excel in particular