Class 2 Driver Cat C
i am currently recruitng on behalf of my prestiogus client based in Crick.
Due to expansion they have four full time permanent vacancies.
Successful applicants will work five days from seven (usual shift is Monday to Friday), with Weekend and Bank Holiday working as required.
Basic working week is 40 hours plus additional hours as agreed. Start times range between 04:00 to 06:00hrs
Basic pay rate is £10.50 per hour. Overtime is paid at time and a half. (Note: Run lengths average 10 to 11 hours + per day)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme in line with auto-enrolment, uniform, free car parking, childcare vouchers and discounted healthcare benefit plan.
- Completing multi-drop deliveries and collections
- Operating and maintaining transportation vehicles
- Driving safely at all times
- Performing pre-delivery and post-delivery vehicle inspections
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed correctly and stock checked with customer
- Ensuring all relevant Health and Safety legislation is adhered to
- Ensuring periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported
- Reporting any delays or unsuccessful drops
- Complying with all rules and regulations for the safe operations of a commercial motor vehicle
- Preparing accident and incident reports as necessary
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Nights out as required
Requirements of the role:
- Full UK CAT C / Class 2 driving license with NO more than 6 penalty points and no AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, TT or UT endorsements
- Digital Tachograph Card and full, valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
- Full understanding of tachograph legislation, driving limits and work time directive
- Previous experience of operating a manual pump truck, tail lift and of coupling and uncoupling
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal effectively and patiently with others
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions is essential
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- You will be un-loading your vehicle; therefore manual work will be involved as part of this role
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism
Due to the nature of our business applicants will be required to complete a DBS form that will provide us with details of any unspent criminal convictions.
We are looking to set up competency based interviews asap which will also include a short multiple choice assessment.